Friday, February 20, 2009

It's War

I have declared war.

If you are an animal person or an anti-war activist, you might want to stop reading now.
Rats have invaded my back yard again, tunnelling under the foundation of my shed and taking over my bird feeders. But they didn't stop there: they have set up shop under my back porch in my basement. They have bored enormous holes near my back steps and are burrowing around the foundation of my house. That's over the line. So at the behest of my beautiful wife, I have unleashed the arsenal...

I now have SIX Victor spring traps - Made in USA. I baited them with peanut butter, chicken and refried beans.


This is the pitiful scene under the porch. You can see how they have chewed through my foam barriers, so now notice the glue traps and poison.


This is one place the foul creatures have made an entrance.


This is a rabbit trap baited with chicken. I am not playing.


Two more Victor traps by the basement door...
I'll keep you posted on my progress...


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, just today (coincidently)have declared war on rats also.

I will kill them. All of them.

They are in my attic.

February 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I knew I like you for a reason!

I shot one this morning with a BB gun... it was HUGE!

But it slithered back under my shed...

February 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Lawrence Langowski said...

Rabbit trap? you are hardcore steve! but i like your techniques they display innovation and aggressive approach.

February 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow, steve, wow.

I cant even believe that I am this amused.... Thanks for the laugh today!

February 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Joel Hamernick said...

Dude, get a cat! I hate them but my kids love it and we have no mice in a 120 yr old house.

February 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I do have a cat... but my wife made it useless by declawing all four paws. It kills maybe one mouse a year!

February 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Joel Hamernick said...

wow, I thought the smell of the cat alone would do it!! I guess I better watch out. .

by the way thanks for listing me on your roll. . . but you need to add "divided by faith" to your list of books!!

February 24, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home