Friday, September 12, 2008

SUCCESS!

In my last post on this subject, I was sharing with you, my faithful readers, how I set traps in my shed to try to catch the rodent population that is taking over my back yard. You must imagine my surprise when after several days I still had no customers, despite using peanut butter.

Then I realized... they were not coming into the shed because I had so cleverly sealed up the grass seed and bird food for so long that they had left that neck of the woods.

Still, they are building a subway system under the foundation of the shed, near the bird feeder, so I knew they remained a problem.

I realized I needed to revise my strategy... I needed to place the trap outside, near the entrance to their nest.

Needless to say, it worked. I awoke this morning to a FREAKIN' HUGE rat, quite dead next to the trap. There was a bit of mystery to make things interesting, however. Somehow this freak of the rodent world managed to get out of the trap. But he didn't make it far, as these images will show...

Aahhh... life in the city.




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Howard Shepherd said...

Rural life is similar but instead of rats gettin' your bird seed it's coons gettin' your chickens. Either way it's no fun.
Success, however, is nice.

September 13, 2008 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Seann said...

Are you making it over to the Straight Up Conference in Elgin next month? I see you live in Chicago. Last year I went with my brother, this year my mentor. I like your blog! Good stuff. Keep pressing!

September 14, 2008 at 12:51 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I didn't even know about it...

What is it?

September 14, 2008 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Seann said...

If you go to www.straightupconference.org you can read all about it. It being held at Harvest Bible Chapel in Elgin this year. It is a pastors and ministry leaders conference. I'm not a pastor just a very passionate follower of Christ, and as the word says we should all preach the word. Keep pressing.

September 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home