Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's Next?

Apologies to all my fellow bloggers... I'm using this post to interact with my Young Adult class. I mean, y'all can jump in the discussion if you want to, but the intended audience is our Bible Study group.

The question at hand is what do we do when we have finished 1 Corinthians?

Some of the ideas floated today are as follows:

Books:
1 John
2 Corinthians
Acts
Ecclesiastes
Genesis
Romans

Biblical topics:
Election/Predestination
Angels
Gender Roles
Eschatology

Please respond in the Comments section and let us know what you would like to study and why. I will use this feedback and our follow up discussion to inform the final decision. As I mentioned this morning, I would like this to be a group decision... with some pastoral guidance. I would like for us to discern as a group where God might lead us. So Holla Back!

*sigh...* I love Body life!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romans- i think you'VE SAID BEFOE THAT THIS WAS ONE OF YOUR FAV books of the bible.

August 12, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ecclesiastes- I love the way Solomon goes on and on about every aspect of life being meaningless and what he found to be the only true joy in life. I'd like to go more into this book.

August 13, 2008 at 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

something more controversial

August 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Karina said...

I'd like to go through Acts. I keep hearing that something big is supposed to happen with our generation and that there needs to be major change in the church, but no one really knows what that will look like. Maybe if we examine the function of a biblical model church we'll understand where to go next. We tend to forget that they also went through heavy persecution. But is that what's necessary to shake things up? God used it before to spread the church.

August 21, 2008 at 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im going to have to go with Romans or maybe even the old testament. I would a lesson on Isaish...

Laiza

August 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home